2017 Innovation Expo Student Idea Competition
Rules & Information
- Idea Competition is open to all higher education students in South Dakota
- Selected finalists must present idea on stage at the Innovation Expo they applied for
- All student contestants will be provided a free ticket to Innovation Expo
- Contestants can enter one ( 1 ) idea into the contest
- Teams are allowed
- Ideas must be submitted by October 1st at 10:00 PM
- Judges will review all applications and notify finalists by October 4th
1st Place - $350
2nd Place - $200
3rd Place - $150
Other Finalists will receive - $100
- Feasibility of product or service: How feasible or achievable is it to take the product or service to market?
- Business opportunity: How great is the opportunity to create a business around the idea?
- Market potential: How large is the market for the product or service?
- Barriers to entry: How significant are the challenges to commercialize the product or service? Competition, Path to Market, etc.?